Dr. Steffen Kiel
Geoscience CenterGeorg-August University of Göttingen
Geobiology Group Goldschmidtstr. 3
37077 Göttingen, Germany
- Evolution of chemosynthetic ecosystems
- The deep-sea
- Osedax and the taphonomy of bones
back to top
“Invited talk at the Lyell Meeting 2014 in London, England, on Deep-Sea Chemosynthetic Ecosystems through Earth History, on 12 March 2014. For more details see this flyer
or the meeting homepage”http://www.geolsoc.org.uk/lyell14
- November 2011: Publication on shark egg capsules featured by "The Economist":
- December 2010, publication on Osedax traces in fossil bird bones featured by Nature News:
September 2010, New book: The Vent and Seep Biota, Topics in Geobiology
- April 2010, First fossil traces of the bone-eating worm Osedax are almost as old as whales
- Spiegel-online: http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/natur/0,1518,690159,00.html
Please note: The copyright of these articles is with their respective publishers. By downloading an article, you agree to limit the use of the pdf file to printing of single copies for personal research and study. You may not modify the files in any way, or use them for commercial purposes.
Lorion, J., Kiel, S., Faure, BM., Masaru, K., Ho, SYW., Marshall, BA., Tsuchida, S., Miyazaki, J-I., Fujiwara, Y. 2013. Adaptive radiation of chemosymbiotic deep-sea mussels. Proceedings of the Royal Society B, 280(1770): 20131243 [ Open Access: ]
Kiel, S., Wiese, F. & Titus, A.L. 2012. Shallow-water methane-seep faunas in the Cenomanian Western Interior Seaway: No evidence for onshore-offshore adaptations to deep-sea vents. Geology 40: 839-842.
Kiel, S., Kahl, W.-A. & Goedert, J.L. 2011. Osedax borings in fossil marine bird bones. Naturwissenschaften 98: 51-55. [Open Access:]
Kiel, S. (editor) 2010. The Vent and Seep Biota. Topics of Geobiology vol. 33, 487pp.
Kiel, S. & Little, C.T.S. 2006. Cold seep mollusks are older than the general marine mollusk fauna. Science 313: 1429-1431.
back to top
Review Editor: Frontiers in Microbiology
Editorial Board Member: Acta Palaeontologica Romaniae